The Ages of Archea
Archea is divided into separate Ages, though it is unknown what separates them. As a new age comes, the previous age is slowly forgotten.
- The First Age – The Age of Genesis
- The time shortly after the creation of Archea. It is said in myth that the races were in harmony, sharing knowledge amongst themselve. It is even said, though few believe, that the Dragons were a part of this peace, offering their power to the other races of Archea.
- The Second Age – The Age of War
- Serberus released the plague of war upon Archea, shattering the peace of the First Age. Along with the original races, the savage races invaded the world. Their cruelty forced the humanoid races to hide their civilizations, ending the ties that had held them together.
- The Third Age – The Age of Dragons
- Horrified by the cruelty displayed by the savage creatures, the Dragons were forced into adopting more destuctive methods of dealing with them. The Dragons grouped into separate broods, each one charged with a different portion of what would be their own society.
- The Fourth Age – The Age of Chaos
- The Chromatic Dragons, after discovering a secret known only by the gods, were driven insane. In an attempt at survival, the Chromatic Dragons were exiled. This ended the society of the Dragons, leaving the Metallic and Gem Dragons to find their own places in the world. The Chromatic Dragons, unsatisfied with being shunned from society, swore to plunder and steal from the other races.
- The Fifth Age – The Age of Rebirth
- The mortal races, after many centuries of hiding, arose once more in Archea. Building new cities, the mortals continued to fight over resources with the savage races. Trade routes were first used, allowing the use of currency.
- The Sixth Age – The Age of Discovery
- The mortal races encounter a new power, known to the Dragons as Magic. In this time, larger cities are built, allowing nations to form. Many nations rise and fall; alliances forged and broken.
- The Seventh Age – The Age of Magic
- The current age.